Nationwide Insurance company in 2009 paid out 36 million dollars for not paying what is called overhead and profit to the policy holders of all people who put in a claim that required a general contractor going back to 1996. Look online Alexander-V-Nationwide.
This Federal Class Action lawsuit had to go thru the North Carolina Department of Insurance and the North Carolina Attorney Generals Office. Because that is the way our laws are set up. This has set the president in North Carolina hasn’t it?
Well let’s look at what most of us like to call the truth. The truth of the matter is, it has not changed a damn thing here in North Carolina. WHY?
Because of Wayne Goodwin and the Deputy Commissioners of North Carolina.
Nationwide still does the same thing of not paying for contractors. Even after being spanked by the court system for 36 million dollars. I have several questions here…….
- Why is the North Carolina Department of Insurance not enforcing our laws? This is there mandate is it not?
- Why is the North Carolina Department of Insurance not enforcing these same rules against STATE FARM, ERIE, FARM BUREAU, ALLSTATE, AUTO OWNERS, EST, EST. ?
- How can the North Carolina Department of Insurance lie it’s way out of not knowing about the settlement when they are the ones in court that approved this settlement and help arraigned the settlement ? So who is lying to whom here.
- How can this not violate the ETHICS Law’s?
- Mr. Wayne Goodwin I can only come up with one conclusion here you are being paid off by the insurance companies to close your eyes or you are the worst Commissioner of Insurance that this state has ever had.
I personally am going to give your Department of Insurance an ultimatum, either enforce all of the laws all of the time of this state or resign so that we can get someone up there that can. And If NOT then we will get someone else in the job that can do the job of protecting the citizens of this state.